- 3-4 treehouse each must accommodate 2-4 people
- Simple bed table to store books clothing etc.
- Sitting area
- Clear area around the tree for storage of travelers things
- Ground bathrooms
- Treehouse viewing platform to view birds and other tropical wonders
- Stair case access to the treehouses
The preliminary designs for the Playa Del Carman treehouses use the classic O2 Treehouse geodesic sphere style but raise it to a new level with its double sphere outer frame which functions on several different levels. These include:
- Structural support of wrap around outer porch
- Support of palapa armature (palm frond roofing style)
- Outer sun shield with rotatable flaps which will help channel upper canopy breezes and aleviate the extreme humidity and heat of the jungle environment
- Double ceiling to help insulate structure from extreme mid day direct sun
- Provides entry way for circular stairway
- Dynamic visual presence
We are still within the design phase of the structures but instals are slated for next summer. Check back in for continued design updates!